- Santa measures approx. 12.5 (32 cm) inches high and 10 (25 cm) inches wide.
- The size of your crochet Santa can differ according to the tightness of your stitches.
- The use of different supplies from that indicated in the pattern may vary the final rendering. You don’t have to use the same brand of yarn but the weight category and hook size have to be the same for a similar result ( in term of proportion ).
Supplies for Santa
The use of different supplies from that indicated may vary the final rendering.
This list may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. I only recommend products I use and like.
- Main Yarns (as long as the weight category is respected, you can pick the yarn ball of the brand you prefer ( the result will be similar in terms of proportion ).
|Color||Links||Number of skeins||Brand & name||Weight & yardage of 1 skein||Weight|
|Alternative yarns available in Europe and in the US (hobbii.com)|
|Red (Cardinal 1150-51)||Here||I used a little bit more than 1||Premier Parfait Chunky||3.5 oz / 131 yds||6||Honey Bunny Bordeaux : here|
|White (1150-01)||Here||I used less than 1||Premier Parfait Chunky||3.5 oz / 131 yds||6||Honey Bunny White : here|
or similar : here
|I used less than 1||Premier Parfait Chunky||3.5 oz / 131 yds||6||Honey Bunny Oatmeal : here|
|Chocolate (1150-35)||Here||I used less than 1||Premier Parfait Chunky||3.5 oz / 131 yds||6||Honey Bunny Chocolate : here|
Yarns that you only need a very small amount :
- Yellow acrylic for the belt, Premier Basix Chunky : here or Premier Basix DK : here
- Thin red and white cotton threads, to sew the elements together : here. If you would like to save some time and don’t plan to give it to a kid, you can also hot glue the elements together with a glue gun (here) or craft glue from Elmer’s (here) (the bond is better with hot glue).
- If you decide to sew : Darning needles, you can use regular darning needles but I like using curved ones from this kit : here , it’s easier to sew elements together).
- Polyester fiber fill type Poly-fill : here
- 17 mm safety eyebrows that I used as eyes (x2) : here
- Santa’s glasses (4.5″ (11 cm) Wide x 1.7″ (4.3 cm) Lens Height x 5.4″ (13.7 cm) Arms) : here
- 2 small pieces (approx. 6” (15 cm) each) of pipe cleaners to curve the moustache: here
- Lap counter : here
- Stitch markers : here
- Sewing clips : here
PDF Crochet Pattern for Santa
CLICK HERE for individual pattern : HERE
CLICK HERE for bundle with Mrs Claus : HERE