Hi Pumpkins ! I am so happy to start this new series of easy crochet patterns to make your own Christmas ornament ! Today, we start with ” the Gift ”.
Notes before starting
- Read the Gift crochet pattern completely before you start and don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or feedbacks, I will be happy to answer them ( contact me : here )
- For a result similar to the original creation, it is important to read the crochet pattern at each step so as not to skip instructions given for a specific row. The model requires careful counting of rows and stitches.
- Also, don’t hesitate to contact me here if you notice any mistake in the tutorial, thank you
- The numbers placed in parentheses correspond to the number of stitches to have when finishing the row. This allows you to know if it was done correctly. If you have more than the number indicated, it means that you have added stitches. Conversely, if you lack it, you have forgotten it.
- When it is indicated “classic finish “, it means: Cut the thread and pass it through the loop to make a knot.
- When it is indicated ‘’ invisible finish‘’, it means : Cut the thread, pass it through the loop to make a knot and then, create a ‘’ fake stitch ‘’ to make it invisible. ( please refer to this video : here )
Difficulty, stitches and techniques used
Level of difficulty : Easy
Stitches and techniques : single crochet, chain stitch.
For more details about the different crochet stitches and techniques, watch my YouTube videos : here
List of supplies
The use of different supplies from that indicated may vary the final rendering. You don’t have to use the same brand of yarn but the weight category has to be the same for a similar result.
- Hook, 5mm (H8) from this crochet kit : here
- Yarns ( click on the color to be linked to Amazon. No link means that I bought at a yarn store ). Also, as long as the weight category is respected, you can pick the yarn ball of the brand you prefer ( the result will be similar in term of proportions ).
|Color||Number of balls||Brand and Name||Weight & yardage / 1 ball||Weight category|
|Jeally bean ( 744)||1*||I LOVE THIS YARN – Metallic – Hobby Lobby||5 oz / 252 yds||4|
|Red||1*||YARN BEE – Mini Maker – Hobby Lobby||1.05 oz / 65||4|
|Silver sequin thread (to mix with the red yarn )||1*||YARN BEE – Bejeweled Sequin – Hobby Lobby||0.88 oz / 328 yds||1|
* You will need less than one ball.
- Darning needle
- Round counter : here
- Stitch markers.
- Piece of cardboard ( 9 inches large x 3 inches height )
( More information about supplies on my blog post ‘’ Crochet supplies list for beginner ‘’ )
Gift crochet pattern ( Christmas ornament )
SC : single crochet
Ch: chain stitch
6 little squares
Green acrylic yarn
R0 : 12 ch + 1 turning chain
From R1 to R12 : 1 sc in each stitch (12) ( 12 rows )
R13 : Make 1 sc in each stitch surrounding the square. This will create a frame. When you get to the corners, you can make 2 stitches in the same stitch, this will help to change direction. Once you are back to the first stitch : fasten off and weave in the end.
Same pattern for the 5 other squares.
Sew the squares together to create a cube ( more details in the YouTube video on how to assemble the squares : here ). Leave the top open.
On the cardboard, trace 3 lines every 3 inches and fold on these lines. You will get a cube.
Then, insert it in the green cube to make it stiffer.
The Ribbon and the Bow
Red acrylic yarn mixed with the sequins thread.
R0 : Make chain stitches until getting a chain that measures between 43 and 44 inches long
From R1 to R3 : 1 sc in each stitch ( 3 rows )
Fasten off and weave in the end.
Now, wrap the ribbon around the gift and tie a bow ( more details : here )
MAKE SURE TO NOT TIGHTEN IT TOO MUCH SO AS NOT TO DAMAGE THE CARDBOARD.
Make a loop with a silver thread and tie a knot in one of the corner to be able to add your crochet ornament to the Christmas Tree.
Your Gift is now ready !
I hope that you enjoyed this Christmas ornament free crochet ornament pattern !
Share your creation with me on Instagram or Facebook
by tagging @crochetpinkpumpkin
or by using #pinkpumpkinpattern
Also, don’t hesitate to contact me here or email@example.com if you notice any mistake in the gift crochet pattern, thank you :). You are also more than welcome to ask me any questions or give feedbacks as well.
&… Happy Holidays !
Find all my free patterns here 🌸